Wednesday 14 September 2011

Plants, sand and sea



The sky on our last day in Puglia was slightly overcast, but it was still deliciously warm. We headed back to the beach at Torre Guaceto, which was much quieter than on our first visit. The fact that it was Monday morning probably explains why the amount of locals sunbathing and swimming around was drastically lower than on the weekend.

I got out of the car to take a few photos of the vegetation... I absolutely love those prickly pears and cacti. I think it's because they belong to warm climes. And I like warm climes. Very, very much so. :-)



I couldn't end this series on our wonderful time in Puglia without telling you about Perla di Puglia. After all, this is the number one reason why we decided to go to this corner of the world for a long weekend.
This beautiful and brand new bed & breakfast (with fantastic modern rooms, a big crystal clear swimming pool and incredible breakfasts) is ran by my dear friend Laura and her husband Melvin. They are about to round off their first season (which was so successful they hardly could believe it!) and are already taking their first bookings for next year. I strongly recommend you to have a look at the photos of their beautiful property here. I dare you to resist snatching a room for a long weekend or a sunny week next summer!

And just to taunt you a little more: Brindisi airport is just a 20-minutes drive away and has cheap flights to pretty much anywhere in Europe. There you go. :-)


P.S. It's Joanna's birthday today - happy birthday beautiful!!
I'll show you what I made for her once my little present reaches her in Poland.


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...